Chiropractic professionals focus on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system. They, however, maintain that overall health and general are attained through chiropractic care. They hold that nervous system is the one responsible in controlling and regulating all functions in the body. Normal nerve functions, therefore, hold the key to improved health and overall well-being. This can be made possible by regular chiropractic care.
Chiropractic treatment involves locating subluxations or partial dislocation or sprains then providing adjustments to the body structures affected and to the spine, particularly. This is done to relieve nerve pressure. The result is a body, which is an effective self-healing organism.
It is because of this point of view that chiropractors maintain that they do not treat or heal specific diseases. To them, the medical diagnosis does not matter. Regardless of the patient’s medical condition, they seek to improve their patient’s health.
Chiropractic Treatment – Who Needs It?
When we ask this question, people with the following common conditions requiring chiropractic treatment will easily come to mind:
- Pain in the different parts of the body – Back, neck, shoulder, joints, muscle, connective tissues like ligaments, cartilages, and tendons
- Injury from sports/accident
An established chiropractic center in the UK for more than 40 years, Weston Chiropractic Clinic, has done chiropractic treatments for many other conditions such as arthritis,carpal tunnel, migraines, numbness in arms and hands, stress, chronic illnesses, and many other health issues.
In identifying who needs chiropractic care, Chiropractic Life Center – Kingston & Sydenham in Ontario, Canada goes further by stating that anyone who has experienced any symptoms of what it calls spinal nerve interference needs to consult a chiropractor. These symptoms include:
- Dizziness, chronic fatigue, tiredness
- Colds, sinus problems, runny nose, sore throat, tonsillitis, hoarseness, laryngitis, cough
- Vision and hearing problems
- Shortness of breath, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, congestion
- Heart conditions, heartburn
- Gall bladder conditions, menstrual problems, bed wetting, cramps, hernias
- Blood pressure problems
- Liver conditions
- Kidney conditions, irritable or painful urination
- Gas pains, gastritis, stomach problems, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion
- Skin conditions, acne, pimples, jaundice skin
- Sterility/fertility problems
- Leg cramps, cold feet, swollen ankles, weak arches
Apart from the many benefits that chiropractic care brings, the other good news is that it can be used by people of all ages, from babies to adults and the elderly, as has been the experience of millions. It is reported that recipients of chiropractic care had better overall health, spent fewer hospital care days. They also used fewer prescription drugs, and were more active compared to those who did not undergo chiropractic care.
The evidence for the broad range of health benefits to be gained from chiropractic care is growing. Chiropractic care can practically help any individual. Since chiropractic care improves the nervous system in controlling and regulating all functions in the body, it has the power to develop all aspects of health. Now, who needs chiropractic care? Anyone who aims to be healthy and enjoy a better quality of life!